I understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, (“My Site/Website”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
“Personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to me via my Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
“Me/My” means the website owner Kate Bacon.
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and my use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about my collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to the personal data I hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data I hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask me to delete any personal data I hold about you. I only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained on page 3 but if you would like me to delete it sooner, please contact me though this does not apply to current clients or their contacts nor to any data which may be required for legal compliance
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- The right to object to me using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, please contact me in the first instance and I will do my best to solve the problem for you. If I am unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do I Collect?
Depending upon your use of my site, I may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- Business/Company name (if applicable)
- Job title
- Your Profession
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests.
- IP address.
- Your web browser type and version
- Your operating system
How Do I Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. I will comply with my obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
My use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for my performance of a contract with you or because you have consented to my use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in my legitimate interests.
I do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Specifically, I may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to my website
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on my website
- Supplying my coaching services to you
- Personalising and tailoring my services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe at any time)
- Analysing your use of my website and gathering feedback to enable me continually to improve my website and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message and/or post with information, news and offers on my services. I will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that I fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Do I Share Your Data?
I will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes. However, I may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on my behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing.
In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, my obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
I may compile statistics about the use of my website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. I may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain data held by me, which may include your personal data, for example, where I am involved in legal proceedings, where I am complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If My Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance, unless you are an existing or former client.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via my website, you may be given options to restrict my use of your data. In particular, I aim to give you strong controls on my use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from me which you may do by unsubscribing and at the point of providing your details).
Your Right to Withhold Information
How Can You Access Your Data?
If you want to know what personal data, I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown on my website.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within 30 days, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of my website may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of my website depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that my website may not work properly if you do so. I have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
My website uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling me to understand better how my website is used. This, in turn, enables me to improve my website and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow me to use these Cookies, however whilst my use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of my website it does enable me to continually improve my website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access my site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.