3 Months To Launching Your Online Business Home
An online group course for heart-centered solopreneurs who want to develop a WordPress website that reflects them perfectly AND works for their business.
You love your work and are totally committed to serving your clients
You’re brilliant at what you do and you put everything into your work. Being of service is so important to you…yet you feel you are just not reaching enough of the right people.
In your heart you know this is partly because you feel reluctant to share your website. You’ve been struggling with putting it together yourself, but it just isn’t working out how you want.
Try as you might not to be envious of other solopreneurs websites, “comparison-itis” has kicked in, and you may even start to question if yours will ever be good enough to attract your perfect clients.
The hardest bit is that you feel completely stuck and overwhelmed at the thought of taking the next step…
You may even wonder if you will ever get your website finished.
Many people in your situation try working with a professional web designer (thinking that’s the answer)
Perhaps you are one of these people, and you’ve paid a website designer to help. They’ve built your site for you, but you still ended up unhappy with the result. (They just didn’t “get you” and you feel like your website is more a representation of THEM than of you).
What’s even worse is that you shelled out a lot of money, and still don’t have a website that you’re proud of!
It’s so normal you feel stuck
You don’t have a website you love – whether you’ve been trying to build it yourself, or have hired a web designer (and it’s all gone wrong). It’s no wonder that you feel stuck!
Perhaps you are overwhelmed with the “tech” side, and even though WordPress is supposed to be easy to use, this hasn’t been your experience so far.
Or maybe you don’t know where to start with “design”, and however many times you change the colours or images your site still doesn’t look quite right. This makes so much sense, after all design is probably not something you ever learned, so it’s not suprising you need a little guidance.
(Even if you hired a web designer to do it for you, unfortunately, what’s often missing is an understanding of you, and your offer to your perfect people. And without the designer taking the time to be clear about who you are, your website is never going to feel quite right).
Thankfully there’s another way…
Imagine if there was a course that guided you through the process of designing and building your own site. Clearly outlining each step so you didn’t feel overwhelmed with the enormity of the project.
A journey that you could complete in your own time that fits with your busy schedule. Led by an experienced web designer and coach who understands where you are coming from (and even makes the “tech” bits clear!)
A group experience with other heart-centered solopreneurs on the same journey, so you feel supported by like-minded peers to bounce ideas off, and no longer feel so alone in the process.
Welcome to I Wish I Loved My Website!
I Wish I Loved My Website is that journey – created specifically for heart-centred solopreneurs like you who have been struggling to finish their website (or would rather hide the end result).
This online group programme takes you through the process step-by-step, each weekly module building on the last – so that in 3 months you will have created a new online home that you are proud to share with the world.
During the 12 weeks of the course we will cover the following:
1. WordPress Basics
- How to set up your domain/hosting
- Installing WordPress
- Choosing a theme that works for your business
- How to get your site started
2. What are you offering your Perfect People?
- Making your Home page “sticky” and relevant to your Perfect People
- How to craft a compelling Work With Me Page of services
- Creating community through your Blog
3. Implementation Week
Giving you time to consolidate your learning
4. Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
- Identifying your brand – the Archetypal Branding Questionnaire and creating a Pinterest Mood Board
- Design that will be visually appealing to your Perfect People
- How to find relevant (cost effective) images for your site
(I will provide a list of personally recommend graphic designers/illustrators should you want to hire someone to create a professional logo for your site).
5. Your Big Why
- What does your About page say about you/your values (and your Perfect People)?
- How to create a Red Rope Policy so visitors immediately know if they are a good fit to work with you (or not)
6. Implementation Week
Giving you time to consolidate your learning
7. Getting started with Copy
- How to make your business writing sparkle
- Using empathy as your starting point with writing
- Overcoming “blank screen” syndrome
(I will connect you to a personally recommended copy writer should you want to hire someone for additional help with your website copy).
8. Site Structure
- How easy is it to navigate around your online home?
- Do you have a clear Call To Action so visitors know what to do next at every stage of their journey?
9. Implementation Week
Giving you time to consolidate your learning
10. How to get found on Google
- Getting started with Search Engine Optimisation (or SEO)
- How to optimise your Blog posts so that your Perfect People find you
11. Keeping in Contact
- Do you have an email list so your tribe can “bookmark” you?
- Can they “try you out for free” with a sign up gift?
12. Ready to Launch?
- Putting the final touches to your website
- Celebrating your new online home
How the course works, and what’s included
The learning will take place on our private site, with a link to each module being emailed to you on Monday mornings throughout the 12 weeks of the course.
Each week you will receive:
- A transcript
- An audio recording
- Worksheets to take you through each week’s actions, step-by-step
Included in the course is a downloadable WordPress Manual – your resource to take you through all the stages of setting up your website (written in plain English).
There will also be a weekly group coaching call + Q&A (via Webinar) which will be recorded. (In the final week it will be a celebration on the final day of the course).
The private Facebook Group is our online community – your opportunity to ask questions and share what you are learning with me and your peers.
You will also have the option to team up with a Buddy to help keep you accountable week by week.
Need extra 1-2-1 support?
You may book an optional follow up 1-2-1 (60 minute) coaching call – 1 – 3 months after the course finishes (for an additional fee).
This course is a good fit for people who are:
- Passionate about their work and making a difference in the lives of their clients
- Connected to their Big Why – the driving force behind what they do
- Clear about their Perfect People, their offering and their own uniqueness
- Ready to build their new online home
- Are tech savvy enough to be able to get round WordPress (using the step-by-step online manual)
- Can devote the time required to the course (or be happy to continue to work on their own after the course is finished)
- Enjoy self-study (with guided support through weekly webinars and the Facebook Group)
This course is NOT a good fit for people who:
- Have not started their business
- Are not clear about their Perfect People, their offering and what makes them unique
- Want a web developer to build their site for them
- Are uncomfortable with working online, and terrified by “tech”
- Don’t have the time to devote to the course (and will be completely “stuck” when it’s finished)
- Don’t like self-study (and would prefer face-to-face, 1-2-1 tuition)
Hello, I’m Kate! I believe every heart-centred solopreneur should have a website they love – that not only reflects them perfectly but also works for their business.
Many times I’ve been approached by people like you who are clear about their offer, but still in the early stages of their business. They would love a Bespoke Website Package but they don’t have that level of cash to invest in their business just yet.
Or maybe you really like the idea of building a site yourelf, but really don’t know where to start. (There are a ton of resources on the Internet about WordPress, but it’s hard to decipher what you really need to know and what is for “geeks” who love to code everything themselves!)
I have been building websites since 2007 (for the last 5 years working exclusively with WordPress). But I don’t have a degree in IT – so you will be pleased to hear that I speak in plain English rather than “tech speak”!
I’m a trained coach and was awarded a Certificate in Coaching from (ICF accredited) Coaching Development in 2004 (so I know how to ask the right questions, and listen to what’s underneath your answers).
I created “The VA Business Start Up Course” an online group course for aspiring Virtual Assistants that I ran for 4 years from 2007 – this was in the days before Facebook Groups and webinars! (Successful graduates are still running their VA businesses to this day).
Next course dates
Registration for Autumn 2016 is now closed. Course dates for early 2017 are still to be confirmed.
What does it cost?
Pricing for 2017 will be confirmed when dates are announced.
How can I justify the investment?
Investing in yourself and your business is always a big decision, I know, I’ve held off on joining courses in the past and when I did take them wished I’d done it sooner as it moved my business forward so much faster.
I’m confident you’ll be completely happy with this training. To make sure you have nothing to worry about (after all you won’t know for sure until you’ve taken part in the course) – I offer a Wise Investment Guarantee. See Terms and Conditions at the end of this page.
Do you offer individual website reviews?
I offer feedback on each module in the comments section of our learning site and in the Facebook Group. If you require an in-depth review of your website you may book an optional, 1-2-1 coaching session (for an additional fee).
Can I join if I can’t make the weekly live Q&A Calls?
Yes (technology permitting) weekly live Q&A Calls will be recorded so that you may listen again in your own time.
I’m not in the UK, what does it cost in my currency?
Click here to see the cost of the course in your local currency.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation policy: If your circumstances change before you’re given password access to our learning site, email us within seven working days of purchase to receive a refund.
Refund policy: We operate a Wise Investment Guarantee. If you reach the end of this training course and, having completed all the action steps, do not believe you have received the clear guidance and support for creating a website for your business specifically offered by this course, email us within 30 days of course completion with all of your completed worksheets and the reasons why you feel the guidance and support fell short of what you were told you would receive. If we are unable to resolve the issues that you have raised, then you will be issued a full refund (minus PayPal fees).